Thursday, November 15, 2012

Why learning a foreign language is useful

Nowadays, a great number of people study foreign language for themselves. They think it is useful. As far as I am concered, learning a foreigen language is useful. There are three reasons support this idea.

To begin with, learning a foregin language that can let us study different culture. An old saying said,"Do as Roman's do." It means when you go to another country, you must observe native culture. Learning a foregin language that can certainly help you. But I have a bad experice like that. Before 8 years ago, I went to Australia for travelling. My uncle lived in Brisbane. So my uncle drove a car with me went to interesting place. One day, we went to Great Barrier Reef. My uncle swam in the ocean. I stayed in the beach. Suddenly,  I felt uncomfortable for myself. So I asked a girl "Are you available? Where is hospital?" The girl looked very angry. Beacuse I don't konw how to say "Have you had a freetime" in that momnet. After this, my uncle taught me that is a bad sentence for girls. When I learned a foreign language, I knew that I made a mistake.

Next, if people learn hard for a foregin lanuage, they are able to earn much money. In China, getting a high level English that is very popular. My uncle is a good example for that. For instance, my uncle was graduation from University of Cambridge. Because he studied very hard in UC and got a high level English. When he backed to China, the goverment and some famous companies wanted to let him join them. So he chose one and earned 5 hundred and thousand dollars in a year. It certainly can help you.

Third, we learn a foreign language that can make friends with foreigners. Alough my English is not very well, I can speak clearly for foreginers. Now my roomates and I are good friends for each other.

Ultimately, learning a foreign language is useful that can let us konw different culture, earn much money and make friends with foreigners. This is a meanful reward for ourselfe.

No comments:

Post a Comment